View/download data sheet.
View/download safety data sheet
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
AEROFLEX® offers single-source hermetic system accessories, including EPDM fitting covers, insulated pipe supports, specialty contact adhesives, tapes, and coatings, and are covered by an express limited warranty.
AEROFLEX® REF™ Refrigeration Tube Insulation
Aeroflex REF closed-cell elastomeric piping insulation helps keep critical refrigeration systems up and running 24/7 with superior moisture resistance and condensation control.
A wide temperature operating range makes Aeroflex REF suitable for most any refrigeration application. It is even able to withstand high temperature spikes from hot gas defrost cycles. A proprietary blend of EPDM rubber ensures durable and reliable insulating performance for the most demanding refrigerant piping applications.
Available in unslit and Stay-Seal® with Protape® (SSPT™) tubes, black and off-white colors, and in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses to meet energy code and condensation control requirements.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• Buy American
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• EPA TSCA Section 6(h)
• IECC®, International Energy Conservation Code®
• MIL-P-15280 (S,T)
• Efficient, low thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV AND Moisture Resistance
• Indoor Advantage[TM] Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• Environmental Product Declarations (EPD’s)
• Health Product Declarations (HPD’s)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, nitrosamine or fibers
Continuous Operating Temperature Range: -297°F to 257°F ( -183°C to 125°C)
Thermal Conductivity @ 75°F (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03
Non-corrosive on stainless steel (ASTM C692)
Fire Safety: passes 25/50 (ASTM E84)*
Plenum-Rated: NFPA 90A/90B
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
*Through 2-inch wall thickness