In the field of insulation solutions, Aeroseal has gained attention for its adhesive properties. It is recognized for its ability to adhere well and contribute to insulation performance. Aeroseal adhesive is a solvent-based contact adhesive known for its effectiveness in sealing seams and bonding surfaces. This discussion explores its purpose, applications, specifications, and availability, shedding light on its role in insulation.
The Purpose and Significance of Aeroseal:
Aeroseal addresses insulation challenges and improves system performance with two main purposes:
- Seam Sealing: Aeroseal seals seams of AEROFLEX EPDM™ tube, sheet, and roll insulation, preventing moisture and contaminants from infiltrating beneath the insulation. This sustains insulation system performance.
- Surface Bonding: Beyond seams, Aeroseal bonds AEROFLEX EPDM insulation to various surfaces, like metal and PVC, even under extreme conditions.
Applications Across Industries:
Aeroseal finds use in various industries and applications:
- Refrigeration Piping & Equipment: Minimizes energy loss and maintains temperature stability in refrigeration systems.
- HVAC and VRF Systems: Contributes to energy efficiency and consistent performance in HVAC and VRF systems.
- HVAC Ductwork: Preserves efficient temperature control and prevents thermal losses in ductwork.
- Chilled Water Systems: Averts condensation and corrosion under insulation in chilled water systems.
- Plumbing Installations: Maintains water temperature and prevents heat loss in plumbing systems.
Aeroseal’s specifications highlight its qualities and performance:
- Strong Bonding: Creates durable bonds for longevity in demanding environments.
- Fast Setting: Achieves tackiness in 1 to 3 minutes for efficient installation.
- Immediate Vapor Seal: Quickly establishes a vapor seal at seams to combat moisture infiltration.
- Easy Application: Can be applied with a brush or roller for efficient installation.
- Corrosion Protection: Guards against corrosion under insulation (CUI), extending equipment life.
- Complements Other Products: Works well with Aeroflex Protape®, Aerocoat™, and Aerocoat LVOC® tapes and coatings for comprehensive solutions.
Specifications Deep Dive:
- Service Temperature Range: Operates between -20°F (-29°C) to +257°F (+125°C).
- Coverage: One gallon covers around 200 square feet.
- Tack Time: Becomes tacky in 1 to 3 minutes after application.
- Application Temperature Range: Effective in environments from 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C).
- Fire Safety: Offers a < 25/50 fire safety rating.
- Dry Time: Dries instantly for continuous insulation installation.
- Shelf Life: Stays effective for up to a year.
- VOC Content: 417 g/L of VOC.
Aeroseal comes in different sizes – gallon, quart, pint (brush-top), and 1/2 pint (brush-top) – to suit various projects. It’s available in black and amber, providing functional and aesthetic choices. As part of Aeroflex’s product lineup, Aeroseal aligns with the company’s focus on single-source responsibility.
In summary, Aeroseal serves as an effective adhesive in insulation technology. It finds practical use across industries, contributing to energy efficiency and system performance enhancement. For those considering its application in their projects, our assistance is available. We’re here to help you navigate the world of insulation technology confidently.