View/download data sheet.
View/download safety data sheet
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
Aeroflex has everything you need to complete your insulation project, including pipe hanger fittings, fabricated fittings, tapes, adhesives & coatings.
Aerocel® Stay-Seal® with Protape® SSPT™
Aerocel Stay-Seal with Protape SSPT pipe insulation has everything you would expect from a closed-cell elastomeric pipe insulation – flexibility, moisture resistance, low thermal conductivity and more. Plus, it has all the added convenience of a pre-slit dual tape closure for faster installation of the entire tube, including overlapping Protape seam closure, is made of EPDM rubber, providing users with superior condensation control and protection against moisture intrusion, UV and ozone. Our dual tape system includes pre-applied adhesive at the joined surfaces and the overlapping Protape for a more secure installation.
Available in tube sizes up to 16-inch IPS and 2-inch wall thickness. See data sheet for sizes, thicknesses, and corresponding R-values.
Available in Aerocel AC, ULP (Ultra-Low Perm), REF (Refrigeration), and White/Gray formulas.
Includes Cel-Link II® glueless seam seal technology! All SSPT pipe insulation shipments include Aeroflex’s revolutionary Cel-Link II glue-less seam seal solution. These patented “peel-and-seal” adhesive disks form bonds that are as strong as contact adhesive. Cel-Link II sheets are an easy-to-use, low-VOC alternative to contact adhesive. Installers may also use traditional contact adhesive for bonding butt joints and termination points.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• Buy American
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• EPA TSCA Section 6(h)
• IECC, International Energy Conservation Code
• MIL-P-15280 (S,T)
• Efficient, low thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV AND Moisture Resistance
• Installs faster with industry-leading, patented dual tape closure
• Includes Cel-Link II® glueless seam seal technology for bonding adjoining tubes (no brushes or adhesives required!)
• Environmental Product Declarations (EPD’s)
• Health Product Declarations (HPD’s)
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, Nitrosamine or fibers
Hot and Cold Water Plumbing
Continuous Operating Temperature Range: -297°F to 257°F ( -183°C to 125°C)
Thermal Conductivity @ 75°F (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03
Non-corrosive on stainless steel (ASTM C692)
Fire Safety: passes 25/50 (ASTM E84)*
Plenum-Rated: NFPA 90A/90B
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
*Through 2-inch wall thickness